David, over at Sounds Like Orange has honored me yet again – this is the second time he has reached out to include 365 Guitars when there was an opportunity and I am deeply touched and grateful. It pleases me to no end to be a part of the family – especially a family that does not get together and bicker at holidays.
What is spectacular about the WordPress family is the amazing support from a divergent group. We blog because we must, I suppose – I know I blog to keep myself moving forward, but others because the soup in their head has to go out to nourish others. Sharing just has to happen. It is a constant source of affirmation – when our blog is recognized, and wow! when there is a comment allowing for interaction, it is a a chance to meet people from anywhere – I love that part.
The person who started this award explains it this way: “This is an award for everyone who is part of the ‘WordPress Family’. I start this award on the basis that the WordPress family has taken me in, and showed me love and a caring side only WordPress can. The way people take a second to be nice, to answer a question and not make things a competition amazes me here. I know I have been given many awards, but I wanted to leave my own legacy on here by creating my own award, as many have done before. This represents “Family” we never meet, but are there for us as family. It is my honour to start this award.” I’d say they pretty much know exactly how I feel. But there are rules:
- Display the logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 others you see as having an impact on your WordPress experience and family
- Let your 10 family members know you have awarded them.
Frankly, I’d like to display the logo not only on the blog, but on a t-shirt as well. I love being a part of this family…and since I am constantly linking back to Sounds Like Orange, at least in the sense that there is an ongoing dialog – that part was easy. Now, as for others who make up my own family…
Some of them amuse me. Some live to keep me informed. Some check on me to be sure I haven’t slipped in the shower. Sometimes they trade places in the chore chart just to keep me on my toes. They all follow me in my winding blogging path and offer encouragement. They are all worth looking into if you need something to read. The really cool thing about an award like this is that you get the opportunity to give them a cyber hug, and a thumbs up. So meet my family. I want to list them all, but if I’m limited to ten, then I can’t include David – but he’s there already.
1. Alunatunes – you have to check her out. Tammy frequently reblogs my guitars to her extended family – and it never fails to make me feel good. I love having music people in the family
2. Bunny and Pork Belly – ok, restaurant reviews and incredible photography work for me anywhere…and maybe especially in Boston since that is just not an easy commute. I am considering it, however – they won’t ship macarons…but they deliver if I can get within 20 miles…
3. Kabyahe – I love that I am followed by someone in the Phillipines. Part of this is because unfailingly, if I need blue skies or blue waters, I can go there and soak it up for awhile. Not to mention the amazing colors of festivals and costumes. It is inspirational!
4. Ancient Eavesdropper – Tyler drops by often before returning to the forest (at least I see it that way) where he sits quietly enough to make beautiful poetry and photos.
5. Maria Precioso – now this is the totally annoyingly lucky little sister who travels while I stay home. I love to travel. I am grateful to at least get this window on the world – a beautiful big window…
6. Girl on the Contrary – she makes me laugh and laugh. And yet – I think she’d check on the whole slipped in the shower thing…
7. Fun Girls Live Better – Hope. It is about hope. I like hope.
8. Everyday Power Blog – Jeff is a life coach and inspirational speaker. The fact that he checks in on me regularly makes me feel a little like I’m saner than I thought – and certainly more on track than most of the neighbors realize – well, except maybe David…
9. ProGuitarTricks – Real guitars that come to visit sometimes. Lessons. Videos. Real inspiration.
10. Trapped – my pipeline to London cool. I still want that wand remote…
So there you are. A wild, divergent, talented and loud crowd – Drop in on them. They like that.
Thanks again David – you are the best.